Most films have their composers put music to images far into post-production. These days, temp tracks are common right until the last possible moment. But such was Leone’s faith in his collaboration with Morricone, which had already spawned the hit ‘Dollars’ trilogy, he had him compose the key themes before filming – and played the music during the shoot in order to inspire his cast.
Archives For May 19, 2018
1 Vindicate me, O God, and plead my case against an ungodly nation;
O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!
2 For You are the God of my strength; why have You rejected me?
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
3 O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me;
Let them bring me to Your holy hill
And to Your dwelling places.
4 Then I will go to the altar of God,
To God my exceeding joy;
And upon the lyre I shall praise You, O God, my God.
5 Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why are you disturbed within me?
Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.
- iudica me Deus et discerne causam meam a gente non sancta a viro doloso et iniquo salva me
- tu enim Deus fortitudo mea quare proiecisti me quare tristis incedo adfligente inimico
- mitte lucem tuam et veritatem tuam ipsae ducent me et introducent ad montem sanctum tuum et ad tabernaculum tuum
- et introibo ad altare tuum ad Deum laetitiae et exultationis meae et confitebor tibi in cithara Deus Deus meus
- quare incurvaris anima mea et quare conturbas me expecta Dominum quoniam adhuc confitebor ei salutibus vultus mei et Deo meo